Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Belleville and Montmartre

 The very international Belleville market in NE Paris.  We heard some great Peruvian street music here and also picked up a second canteloup for the next day's breakfast.  French melons are delicious.

 The view from Belleville park.

 Sacre Coeur church--a tourist mecca, but I still love it.

 I mistook this fellow for a statue when I first spotted him--he stayed still for a ten minutes we were there.

 Wandering around Montmartre. Lovely cobblestone.


 Little cars still abound.

 Just north of Pigalle--a Lautrec replica.

 The Montmartre cemetery--charming, even as it is squeezed under bridges and beneath a crane.

One of my old Metro stops--Pigalle--home of the redlight district and my old home.

Ah, the patisseries!  We've had more than one fruit tarte--apricot, and pear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment