Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yosemite Trip

First we drove to Yosemite. 
(WARNING: image may not represent actual driving, or fun incurred during actual driving)
The Sexton + Kolser = Sexters held us by the hand in terms of planning.  We were blissfully in the dark.  I still am.  We camped in Toulumne Meadows (by astronomical luck). We hit Lembert Dome the first day.
 And it was pretty.
 I guess that's the point, though.
 On day two, we hiked to the top of Vernal falls.  It was hot.
A child exploring nature.  The part of nature that he is examining here is a green plastic bead.  "Daddy, a green plastic bead!"  Oh, for simpler times.
 Some of us fell asleep with granola bars in our hands (and mouths) on the way home.
 Others of us are perpetually stimulated by our mouths.  Reid tried out all possible tastes and textures available at his disposal, including the his hand, the burb-rag,
 a cloth book meant for chewing,
 and a combination of hand and book.
This kid may like food.
Just a guess.
~

3 comments:

  1. I do believe the “burb-rag” photo is my new avatar for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is is such an amazing post! Reid's eyes blow me away. RIGHT OFF THE FLOOR. So awesome. Not to mention his hompthing skills. Very impressive!

    Liam in the dirt. So great. I want to play in the dirt please! Screw cubicles! Screwbicles!

    Yosemite looks so cool. I'm jealous. There's a hill near here ... not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the irony of how you guys are at Yosemite, and Liam finds a bead on the ground that enthralls him... I LOVE that child-like wonder. About beads. In Yosemite. :)

    Love to thee and thine--and CONGRATS on thy endeavors, Dr. Waring!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete