Monday, November 14, 2011

Best Compliment of My Life

Sunday night, November 13th, 2011.
I was putting Liam to sleep. 

As I kissed him goodnight, I said "Goodnight my sweet little boy."  And he replied, "Goodnight my cool inventive Daddy!"
It knocked my socks off.  I asked him about it, and he really meant it, and knew what he was saying.  I had to debrief with Katie afterwards to make sure that she hadn't somehow planted the idea.  But she didn't.  It was genuine, and it was the best complement I've ever had.  And interestingly, although the first two descriptors are excellent, it is their combination with the title "Daddy" that makes the whole thing so wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Yes.

    love M&T

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely the coolest thing ever! Goodness gracious. I feel like I should say "congratulations" or something. But that sounds silly. But I am pretty silly, and you are pretty awesome, so ... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool, you should make a T-shirt with Liam's words and wear it proudly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. He's always been an especially insightful kiddo.

    ReplyDelete