Tim and Todd did the Kenduskeag Stream Canoe Race this year. This year the water was high. Four times average height at 11ft at the USGS stream gauge! The rest of us waited at 6 Mile Falls to see our Daddies come through:
Susie lazed around during the whole visit. Whoever said parenting young kids was hard work?
Thanks to the skilled folks at Whittling Fog Photography, though, we can see the whole show go down step by step.
- First, Tim and Todd approach the falls, aiming for the central sluice, but ending up a bit river-left of it. Note: this is dangerous, because left is where the rocks lie!
- Next, they slide left.
- Then, they reach the white water!
- They seem to bounce out.
- But it's not so clear they've escaped.
- Then, it's done, and Todd is hooting.
- Finally, they celebrate with a "Mando."
She set us up with the sweetest Easter egg decorating operation ever:
Book reading with TD. The kids were so into it that Reid ended up eating that entire rhino:
The Easter loot was like nothing you've ever seen:
Truly. We think we now know how Easter is done.
And so do our kids.
Then, we celebrated with large moving wooden structures, which, as you can see, is awesome.