Saturday, July 30, 2016
Chicken busses are an important feature of la vida Guatemalteco. They are a cheap and ubiquitous public transport option. And they are beautiful!
There are repurposed public school buses from the United States. As you can see here...
Monday, July 25, 2016
1. Find an angel with a sword. What foot is placed forward?
2. Find an ancient skeleton. How many teeth does it have?
3. Find a place where gravestones were looted take a picture of a gravestone that remains.
4. Take a picture of an underground staircase. How many stairs are there, en español?
5. Find a place where old bones are piled up. Pick one bone. What body part do you think it is?
6. In the glass museum, find a Mayan alligator. What color is the new alligator made of glass from Europe?
7. Find a serpent made of glass with a jewel in its mouth. Do you think it's a diamond?
8. Look at the Mayan art in the glass museum. What kind of facial jewelry did they seem to like?
9. Find a place with a ton of bells. How many are there, en español?
10. Go to the colonial museum. Find to bleeding Jesuses. What is behind one of them?
Bones in the wall!
Treasure hunt for Liam and mommy
(Apologies on picture quality--we hadn't planned on publishing these)
Please collect the location or a photo of each of the following. (Photos are preferred)
1. An ancient Mayan bowl big enough to fit Beedo in.
2. A red and gold piano.
3. A big old bell you could ring but shouldn't!
4. A Mayan painting of people with bleeding fingers.
5. A spiral staircase you can walk on.
6. an old kitchen, equipped with bowls and utensils and even fake fruit.
7. A picture of your self standing directly over a human skull.
8. A glass cobra with a giant crystal in its mouth.
9. A pile of bones you could reach out and grab, but shouldn't!
10. A giant sculpture of the head of Francisco Marroquin.